Flash on English / Secondary Courses
Flash on English
- Double linguistic input in each unit: double-page presentations of target language through realistic, graded texts and dialogues.
- Vocabulary building and practice of language functions through both guided and ‘personalised’ communicative activities.
- Clear explanation and practice of grammar points in each unit.
- Grammar Reference section with rules and examples at the end of each book.
- Flash on Skills: the four language skills approached through different content: cultures of the English-Speaking World (Culture); cross-curricular material (CLIL); simple literary texts, both prose and verse (Literature).
- Special sections at each level:
Beginner- Flash on Culture;
Elementary- Starter Unit reviewing essential grammar,functions and vocabulary;
- Starter Workout: optional booklet with further expansion;
Pre-Intermediate- Flash on Reading: extensive reading and comprehension activities;
Intermediate- Flash on CLIL;
Upper Intermediate- Word building, Writing reference;
Advanced- Flash on Culture.
Workbook + Audio CD
- Unit-by-unit grammar reference and further practice to fixtarget structures.
- Revision and consolidation activities for listening, readingand writing.
- Recordings of all Workbook listening material.
- Irregular verb tables.
- Functions files (Pre-Intermediate).
- Useful expressions and phrasal verb lists (Intermediate).
- Topic vocabulary list for Cambridge English: First (Upper Intermediate).
Teacher’s Book + Class Audio CDs
- Introduction to the methodology.
- Extensive unit-by-unit teaching notes.
- Suggestions for further activities.
- Teaching techniques for mixed-ability classes.
- Full answer keys to all exercises and activities.
- Transcripts of all recordings.
Tests and Resources
- Extra, photocopiable materials.
- Battery of tests: entry, per unit, revision, skills.
- Editable tests in Word® format allow adaptation to the class’s interests, needs and level.
- Recordings for listening tests.
- Containing all the material in interactive format for use on the Interactive Whiteboard or computer to make learning English more stimulating with ‘heads-up’ interactive lessons.
- Link to online user’s guide.
Online Teacher’s Resources
- More on Skills: further skills practice through culture, CLIL and literature-based worksheets.
- All recorded material in MP3 format.